Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nasura: future destination ?

See the NY times $25 and under section today :
http://events.nytimes.com/2007/10/17/dining/reviews/17unde.html

Nsaura, a new Thai restaurant in Elmhurst (Queens) sounds divine. The offerings for your perusal :
pork blood noodle soup with "swimming slices of boiled beef liver that were like the salty offspring of a SuperBall and a hot dog" and fried pork jerky served in a "marinade of fish sauce and lime juice."

Maybe this should be the next destination? If so, please post tempting pictures for me to salivate over while I chow down on Turkish kebabs in Kreuzberg...

OTHER EVENTS :


01. Fall Taste of Chinatown

Sat 10/20 (12 pm) at Chinatown 238 E 14th, New York, NY
http://newyork.going.com/event-145775

If only I could go...




02. Soto (357 Sixth Ave. near Washington Pl.)
Excellent review in this weeks New Yorker: a type A's paradise of Japanese perfectionism.


03. Freemans

I nibbled my way through a mini-meal at Freemans tonight. Next time we all have an inkling to trade our booze/rent money for a single meal, I insist that we return!!! Sure, it has now been “discovered” and hence is inundated with the 30-something Nolita denizens with the sky-high black heels ( ok... I admit that my fashion sensibility is swaying towards the Barbie pumps myself ... After last weekend’s pseudo joy-ride on Jarod's paggio, all I dream of is riding my own vespa in 4 inch heels)—but the food is amazing!!!!




04. In the meantime, A-stock (andy) how was Kyotofu?

6 comments:

burguin said...

That sounds so disgusting! Eww Alyssa.

Are we getting desert tomorrow night? When I am not partying it up with photonerds.

alyssal69 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alyssal69 said...

are there food photos tomorrow night at the studio?

Rodger Jollie said...

i'll skip the pig though thai in queens does pique my interest.
while in berlin it has to be chicken here...http://www.henne-berlin.de/

alyssal69 said...

Andy asked that we add sripraphai to new restaurant list (future destinations). I have visited many times -- it is good! But I am not sure if it lives up to the hype...

we should definitely visit though...

Unknown said...

did anyone ever make it to kyotofo? when i went i didn't have my camera, so if no one went we should definitely go back and eat good food and deserts.